Have you noticed that as the coaching industry grows, the rates you can charge for your coaching are being driven down? This is causing many coaches to consider working with a larger volume of clients. But if you want to scale your professional coaching business, you’ll have to get super organized, become laser-focused and add coaching tools to think beyond the one-on-one.
The one-on-one model is a difficult way to scale any business. One hour of work equates to however much you charge per client. And beware of thinking of your “rate” as what you charge per hour per client! The behind-the-scenes work you do to stay organized, keep your clients accountable and digest and process everything that was covered in your session … plus marketing and day-to-day operations … eat up your hours fast! When you do the math, it’s hard to know how to juggle it all. On top of that, it seems like anyone can put up a shingle and call themselves a “coach” these days.
Even people with no certifications and no real experience.
As the coaching industry matures and evolves, so must we as coaches.
1. One way to differentiate yourself and your business is to extend beyond the traditional one-on-one coaching model through group coaching, or by coaching intact teams within a larger organization.
We’re living in a world where anyone can be a coach by simply calling themselves a coach. There are literally no barriers to entry.
This is why you must differentiate yourself. This calls all other coaches into question, and begins to place you in your prospective client’s mind as the only solution to their problem.
1. Technology can be both a differentiator and a business accelerator for your executive coaching business.
If you want to keep up with your tech savvy clients, you have to move away from email, word documents, excel spreadsheets and other random and inconsistent methods of communication and measurement. Your clients will expect more. If they don’t today, they will tomorrow. Busy leaders will demand to be easily onboarded and to have a smooth, consistent process throughout the entire engagement.
You can automate:
- Your Sales Process. Nurture campaigns and automated email sequences save you so much time, worry and stress! The message you send to someone who never started coaching is very different from how you communicate with your #1 customer.
- Your Billing Process through tools like PayPal, Quickbooks and Authorize.net. These tools can even put your clients into auto-bill programs.
- Your Coaching Process. It’s in your best interest to automate and move your coaching process online. I don’t mean the conversations themselves. I’m referring to all of the support processes around the coaching conversations. Instead of just receiving “before and after” feedback, you can enable your coachees to receive ongoing feedback. Your client will better understand if he or she is changing, progressing – and see very concretely the value you provide.
Technology creates transparency & ROI for your coaching sessions – and helps you do more of what you love!
After working with me, my clients say they are better able to differentiate themselves to their exact target client. They’re not just shooting in the dark; they’ve used metrics to discover exactly who this client is, and exactly what they can solve for that client. I work with my clients to scale their coaching business so they can reach more people with their message, do more of what they love and make their professional coaching practice a real, sustainable business.
Now, let’s get it done!
At MarketIQ, we advise companies
- Who already have a web presence, typically in WordPress
- On what they can do (including website UI, shopping carts, auto-responders and more) to help drive engagement and business on their website
- Who want to get out of the weeds and see a clear picture of what their business is and where they can (and should) go from here to most quickly increase revenue
How to Work With Us
- Contact me today. If you’re interested in working together, I have a brief questionnaire that will help us both determine if we should move forward. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, please shoot me an email and I’ll send you the questions. If there is a fit, we can then schedule a Skype or GoogleHangouts to “meet”, go into more detail & get started.
- Join me for an upcoming talk. I host regular webinars, and you can sometimes catch me in person. Here are my upcoming trainings and talks:
- September 12 2017, Blades of Green, Edgewater, MD: When, Why & How Your Business Should Be on Instagram. Register for this workshop with the Southern Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce here.
- October 13 2017, UMBC Training Center, Columbia, MD: Attract Legit Online Leads that Turn into New Clients: Results-Oriented Marketing for Professional Coaches. Register for this workshop with ICF Maryland here.
- Learn more about how to Increase Your MarketIQ on my blog.
- Get proven, bite-sized, actionable strategies to take your small business from zero to profitable by subscribing to our no-obligations newsletter today. Click here to subscribe.
Please share with your friends, colleagues, or anyone who could use a digital marketing boost.